We’re a government agency supporting hi-tech businesses in New Zealand. We’re a mix of about 300 researchers, engineers, scientists, technologists, designers, entrepreneurs, advisors and administrators delivering self-help and on-demand services and tailored programmes:
R &D : Taking an idea from concept to commercial reality with tailored R&D solutions.
Programmes : Building skills and capability so businesses are innovation-ready.
Grants : A range of R&D grants to add scale, depth and return to R&D investments.
We build New Zealand’s capability
We have the talent, resources, knowledge and connections to drive better integration, co-ordinate networking and get value out of gaps and opportunities across the innovation system:
* Inspiring current and future innovators
* Getting today’s and tomorrow’s innovators excited about the possibilities and ambitious about growing bigger and faster.
Collaborative sectors : Bringing clusters of businesses together to solve common industry problems.
Technology networks : Connecting businesses to our networks of expertise, research, advice and funding.
International partnerships : Staying at the forefront of what’s happening offshore to maximise opportunities in developments, trends and discoveries in New Zealand.
Support for start-ups :
- Founder incubators - providing entrepreneurs with support, networks and investments to build a business.
- Technology incubators - facilitating the commercialisation of complex intellectual property sourced from research organisations.
- Accelerators - for early stage ICT and digital start-ups.